Hey there! As some of you know, I can be a canning and homemaking FOOL! My most recent endeavor was to make some laundry detergent and fabric softener. Turned out great. In fact, it was super simple.
So, since a few of you have asked for the recipes, I shall share:
4lb box of Borax
6 bars of Ivory soap
1.5(ish) lb OxyClean (optional)
3-4 lbs of Baking Soda turned into Washing Soda (or buy washing soda--slightly more expensive)
1. Spread out the baking soda on a baking pan and cook at 400 degrees for about an hour. I would stir it up every 20ish minutes.
2. Meanwhile, grate the bars of soap with a hand cheese grater.
3. Mix all ingredients very well and store in an airtight container.
4. Use 1-2 Tbsp. per load
2 cups of any conditioner (make sure you want your clothes smelling like it!)
6 cups of HOT water
3 cups of white vinegar
1. Mix water and conditioner together until the conditioner is completely melted.
2. Add vinegar and mix well.
3. Use about 2 Tbsp. in fabric softener section of washing machine. Of course, as with any fabric softener, make sure to dilute it by pouring a bit of water into the same section of the washing machine with it.
Thanks, pinterest!! Woot (: