Saturday, July 26, 2014

Books, Books, and more Books!

Looky, looky who is back! I know it's summer, so I just have to help you all out. The question that everyone is asking, I am here to answer for you!!!!

WHAT BOOKS SHOULD I READ THIS SUMMER??!!

I have read over 25 books since the sunshine has come out. Here are a few that have been on my reading list:

If you have had the chance to see the movie Divergent, I hope you've read the trilogy first. Of course, Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort have been all the rage this summer, but before there was The Fault in Our Stars, there was Divergent. It's another great dystopian series that takes place sometime in the future of a war torn America. It's written in the first person, which isn't my favorite, but I really did like the idea of these books.





Once I had some of that under my belt, I went back to my roots. I sure love my historical novels!! I decided to get in the second book to Laura Frantz's "The Ballantyne Legacy" series. She is one of my favorite authors and I couldn't wait to get my hands on this book!!! Of course, I was not disappointed. I love how Laura Frantz always touches on the toughest relationships. Her stories always include some sort of spin from the Native American or African American point of view. It's beautifully interwoven into her stories. Looking forward to the third, and final, book this fall.




I was excited to see that another one of my favorite authors, Marylu Tyndall, had re-released a book of hers. She also released the third, and final, book in her latest series this summer. I can never get enough of her swashbuckling stories!! Always fun and light. Been caught up in the summer reading program at my library, so I haven't had a chance to pick this up yet. Believe me, it's KILLING ME!! You are next, Elusive Hope...





What's so fun about MaryLu is that she has a Pinterest page for all her books. She includes pictures of the scenery and of what she things her characters look like. 

Lastly, I am currently in the middle of another dystopian series. This time, I am reading The Selection Series, by Kiera Cass. It is Young Adult, but I like having books that I can veg out and read without thinking too much. So far, I am enjoying it. Of course, the cover of a book is 90% of the battle. If it looks great, I'm probably going to love it. Kuddos to Kiera because look at these:





So, there are just a few of the books I've read in the last couple of months. I hope you can check them out. Let me know if you have any great books that you are reading!! I'm always looking for more.

Cheers!!









No comments: