Tuesday, August 19, 2014

The 100

by Kass Morgan



 Boy, do I love a good Dystopian future novel! Of course, they are all the rage right now. With Hunger Games, Divergent, The Giver, The Selection and Maze Runner, people may start to feel the fatigue. However, this book manages to have a different twist which I found really interesting.

Centuries after a nuclear war, earth is abandoned and people have escaped to live in space. It is there that they have strict rules and harsh punishments. Feeling that it may be time to return to earth, the government decides to send 100 "criminals" (basically children fighting for their lives and being punished for it) to earth. They want to see if the radiation is cleared and if it is safe for the rest of the colonies to return.

While I really enjoyed the story and the characters, I was disturbed by the language in this Young Adult book. It wasn't on every page, but I expect, as a parent, for my children to be able to read a book intended for them without having to worry that it will have language and sexual innuendos in it.  Because of that, I can only give it 3 stars.

Thank you, www.netgalley.com for giving me this title for an honest review. Here's to many more!! And, btw, you can catch the hit CW series here:

http://www.cwtv.com/shows/the-100 




No comments: