Monday, August 18, 2014

A Bride in Store

by Melissa Jagears


I am excited about my latest read! In a town where mail order brides are being scooped up before they have a chance with their intendeds, we find our story. Eliza Cantrall is anxious to meet her own husband-to-be, Axel, and takes off early to surprise him. On the way, she is robbed of all her savings and is now showing up without the money she promised him.

Will Stanton is Axel's business partner and town preferred doctor. He has no practicing license, or schooling for that matter, but cares for his patients and they adore him. When Eliza arrives, Axel is nowhere to be found and Will finds himself drawn to her.

I love that this novel isn't just a love story, but a spiritual journey, as well. Both, Eliza and Will, have to work through their dreams, hopes and desires while learning to trust God. They both have to realize what is most important in life and trust that God loves them enough to provide through all things.

I am giving this 4 stars because I really enjoyed reading it, I liked Will and Eliza and their strong character. It was a light, easy read, but fun and had some depth. Great story. Thanks, www.netgalley.com and Bethany House for giving me this book for an honest review. Here's to many more!!

No comments: