Sunday, August 10, 2014

The Healer's Touch

 by Lori Copeland



As a fan of Lori Copeland, I was surprised to find that this book was difficult to read. First of all, the appearance of the "Spooklights" throughout the book seemed odd and a bit far fetched. Apparently, there are some "spooklights" that mysteriously appear in the Ozark Mountains of Missouri. Nobody can explain their existence, or where they come from. They "respond best to love and children". While, it is an interesting concept and tale, it just seemed very out of place in this story.

At the start of the book, we find Ian Cawley, a U.S. Marshal, spooked by the "spooklights". He ends up riding his horse through the barn door of a local home and wakes up not remembering a thing. Lyric Bolton finds him in her barn and the rest is history.

While I do enjoy a good, historical romance, I found this to drag and feel a bit far fetched. It was hard to connect with the characters and really care about them. As much as I wanted to enjoy this book, I have to give it two stars because it was very difficult to get through. However, I do want to thank worthypublishing.com and Netgalley.com for giving me this book to read and review! Here's to many more!!


No comments: